- Bachelor’s degree
- Cinema 4D
Bomper studio is looking for an organic modelling & sculpting specialist to join our team. Ideally applicants will have experience in carrying out high-end CG projects all the way to final output, including texturing, lighting and rendering. A primary aspect of the role will be creating characters for animation and so a good understanding of optimising topology for rigging and working with polycount in mind is key. Ability to work from concept art and limited reference is an advantage, as is any experience with hard-surface modelling.
- Producing organic assets (character, props and environments) for CG stills and animation
- Working within a team of artists, following direction & set briefs.
- Performing generalist tasks such as hard-surface modelling, lighting, texturing and look development.
- Meeting deadlines and staying on schedule while maintaining high quality output.
- Taking part in regular meetings & feedback on issues regarding workload, output etc to Line Managers.
- Excellent portfolio of organic modelling & sculpting work.
- Examples of knowledge of secondary generalist skills including lighting, texturing, rendering, hard surface modelling, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush.
- Thorough knowledge of Cinema4D or other 3D modelling package (Blender, Maya, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Understanding of requirements of animation & stills.
- Understanding of 3D workflow from start to finish.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to agreed timelines.
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude toward work.
- Ability to take direction positively and willingness to work as part of a larger team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable at the time of application.
- production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Please send link to portfolios along with CV to email@example.com
- In-house preferred
- Remote considered
- Based on experience
- Character animation
- Cinema 4D
- After Effects
We are looking for talented 3D freelancers with various skill sets to compliment our current core team of 3D artists. You must have an excellent working knowledge of 3D animation software and will be required to use editing, illustration, and animation software in your daily work.
Here at Bomper Studio we pride ourselves on a culture that nurtures talent, encourages creativity whilst surpassing the expectations of our clients. Based just outside Cardiff, we have an impressive client list servicing brands around the globe and we now need to expand our team!
Skills that would be an advantage:
- Experienced in Cinema 4D (other packages such as Maya, 3DS Max, Modo considered)
- Experience of render engines such as Vray, Octane, Arnold
- Experience of character and rigging a benefit
- Simulation specialists such as Realflow, Houdini
- Modelling experience hard and organic in Zbrush or Mudbox
- Compositing in After Effects or similar
A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality 3D stills and animation to tight deadlines is essential.
In-house is preferred, but remote working considered depending on location and time difference.